The winners of the Football Business Awards were announced at the black tie ceremony at the Emirates on November 3rd.
Brighton & Hove Albion and Everton were both double winners and there were wins too for Arsenal, Man City and Cardiff City.
To see pictures from the event click here.
The full list of winners is as follows:
- fcbusiness CEO of the Year (Overall): Mark Catlin, Portsmouth FC
- NuCalm / fcbusiness European Football CEO 2016: Miguel Ángel Gil Marín, Atlético Madrid
- Best Club Marketing Initiative – Premier League: Everton FC
- Best Club Marketing Initiative – Non-Premier League: Brighton & Hove Albion FC
- Best Football Club Hospitality: Manchester City FC
- Best / Most innovative use of Technology (non-Club): Kick It Out
- Best / Most Innovative use of Technology by a Club: Middlesbrough FC – adi.tv & Eleven Sports Media
- Best Business Serving Football – Up to £2m turnover: Goodform
- Best Business Serving Football – Over £2m turnover: StreamAMG
- Best Football Community Scheme – Premier League: Arsenal FC – The Arsenal Foundation
- Best Football Community Scheme – Non-Premier League: Albion in the Community (Brighton & Hove Albion FC)
- Best Corporate Social Responsibility Scheme: Sunderland AFC
- Best Match Day Experience: Cardiff City FC
- Best Non-Match Day Use of the Venue: The SPFL Trust – Various venues across the UK
- Best Professional Service Business Serving Football: KSS
- Agency of the Year: Seven League
- Best Fan Engagement by a Club: Everton FC
- Sponsorship Deal / Partnership of the Year: Prostate Cancer UK / League Managers Association
- Best Brand Activation Involving Football: BT Sport / UEFA Champions League
- fcbusiness Premier League CEO of the Year: Ian Ayre, Liverpool FC
- fcbusiness Championship CEO of the Year: Dean Hoyle, Huddersfield Town FC
- fcbusiness League One CEO of the Year: Steve Curwood, Fleetwood Town FC
- fcbusiness League Two CEO of the Year: Mark Catlin, Portsmouth FC
- fcbusiness SPFL CEO of the Year: Ann Budge, Heart of Midlothian FC
- Global Football Ambassador: Jimmy Armfield CBE
The companies shortlisted this year range from Architects, Lawyers, Caterers and Marketing Agencies, to Major Sponsors, Tech companies, Recruitment consultants and Banks. All of the top clubs from the 2015/16 season are involved as well as an increasing number of clubs from the lower divisions. To see the full list of finalists click here.
To download a preview of the event with summaries of all the shortlisted submissions click here.
Highlights from this year’s awards
The Football Business Awards recognise and reward the hard work that takes place to support the success of the game. This is the national event at which all the achievements off the pitch are celebrated at the end of each year.
With an illustrious judging panel selected for their particular experience and expertise the FBA’s has grown into a significant annual networking event. The awards are becoming more and more difficult to win every year, and an increasingly valuable marketing badge for those who manage to do so.
Now in their 5th year the 2016 ceremony will be held at the Emirates Stadium, one of the world’s most breath-taking sporting arenas, not only as a pioneering football stadium, but also a groundbreaking meetings and events venue. At the ceremony there will also be a Global Football Ambassador award presented which in recent years has been given to Sir Trevor Brooking and Sir Bobby Charlton.